Try this simple stew recipe 🙂 Click below to watch the video, or scroll down for ingredients & directions!
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 large knob of butter or oil (30 ml, 4 tbsp)
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g pack of fresh mushrooms, whole
- 1 kg stewing meat Kudu/Buffalo/Wildebeest/Impala (bone in), cut in chunks
- 500 g mixture of sugar beans, red kidney beans, white kidney beans, haricot beans, black-eyed beans (pre-soaked overnight)
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped, and other seasonal vegetables of your choice
- 12 baby potatoes
- 2 tins of sweet corn (mealies), creamed
- 500 ml beef stock
- 50 mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
Braise onions and mushrooms in butter and flavoured salt.
Add chili and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add meat, return the lid and let it steam for 5 minutes.
Add carrots and potatoes and other vegetables. Cover and let steam for 5 minutes.
Add beans, sweetcorn, 500 ml beef stock, 50 ml mixed herbs and ½ cup red wine (optional).
Cover pot and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
Keep covered and simmer for 1.5 hours, monitoring to ensure that mixture does not dry out. Add the fresh mushrooms about 20 minutes before serving.
Thanks to Pulses.org for the recipe. Click below to watch the video.