Thanks for the recipe https://www.thespruceeats.com/slow-cooker-venison-steaks-3062098
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1.5 kg venison steaks/stew bone in or out
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.In a heavy skillet, heat the shortening or oil over medium-high heat. Add the venison steaks and brown them on each side. Transfer the steaks to the slow cooker.Add the sliced onion and bell pepper to the drippings in the pan and saute them till softened.Add the flour to the cooked vegetables and stir until well blended. Stir in the soup and water (or broth). Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.Pour the soup mixture over the venison steaks in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, until tender.Serve and enjoy.
- If you would rather use your oven, place the steaks and soup mixture into a Dutch oven, cover, and cook at 180 deg C until the steaks are tender.