Thanks for this recipe goes to: https://addapinch.com/venison-tenderloin-recipe/
- 500 gram Venison loin (Kudu, Gemsbok, Wildebeest etc)
- ▢2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ▢1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper optional
- ▢mushroom cream sauce
- Pat venison dry with paper towels. Place tenderloin onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. Sprinkle salt onto both sides of the tenderloin and cover with additional paper towels. Refrigerate for four hours to overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to rest an hour before cooking. Add fresh black pepper, if desired.
- Preheat grill, smoker, or oven to 200º C while the venison is resting. Roast tenderloin until it reaches an internal temperature of 60º C.
- Remove and place on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into tenderloin medallions and serve with mushroom cream sauce, if desired.
Total time does not include resting time used in this recipe.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 609mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg