Thanks for this fabulous recipe goes to: https://www.tastemade.com/recipes/roasted-wild-pig
Here’s an easy recipe that works equally well for WARTHOG & BUSHPIG shoulder!
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Green apple
- Chili pepper
- Apple vinager
- White or pink wine
- Brown sugar
- Aluminum foil
- Wild pig shoulder
- Salt the shoulder on both sides.
- Bring the shoulder to the grill. Seal on medium heat, 10 to 15 minutes per side.
- When it takes color remove it.
- Moisture the meat on one side with garlic oil, fresh thyme, pepper and salt. Repeat the same process on the other side replacing the salt with rosemary.
- Close the foil and let cook 25 minutes per side.
- To prepare the Chutney:
- Peel the apple and pear, wrap in aluminum, make holes to absorb the smoked and bring to the fire along with the onions and chili. Cook until soft.
- Remove, chop all and put in hot pot. Add wine and leave until reduced.
- Then add apple vinegar, the plum finely chopped, grated ginger, cinnamon and sugar. Cook over high heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Let cook on low heat until cooking the fruits and get the desired consistency.
- Let stand in container.
- Remove the shoulder from the grill and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Open wrap and rest for another few minutes before cutting.
- Add the sauce and enjoy!