Thanks to Jacques van As for this delicious recipe
CREAMY CROCODILE CASSEROLE
1 kg Crocodile meat
Flour for rubbing on croc meat
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons butter (separate)
Garlic to taste (approx. whole head, peeled)
0.5 cup chicken stock (chicken cube dissolved in half cup water)
0.5 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup fresh cream (250 ml)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 carrots chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 – 3 potatoes, chopped, or whole baby potatoes
Green/red or yellow peppers
- Cut crocodile meat into cubes & season with salt and pepper
- Dust fillets with flour and set aside
- Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a pot over medium heat. Fry the crocodile until nice and golden, remove from heat and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the rest of the butter to the pan. Let it melt and then add the garlic cloves. Cook until light golden brown.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice and vegetables
- Stir in the cream and add the croc meat back into the pan
- Let it cook on low for 10 to 20 minutes or so, until the sauce is less and the meat is cooked through.